You can find us in Bormio, Alta Valtellina, in the heart of the Alps.
In the last few years our town has become one of the world capitals of skiing; with a vertical drop of 1,800m and slopes envied the world over, especially the Stelvio piste which is an annual stop on the Alpine skiing world cup circuit, and hosted the Alpine Ski World Championships in 2005.
There is cross-country skiing track at Alute, the ‘green lungs’ of Bormio, and excellent tracks nearby in Santa Caterina Valfurva, Isolaccia/Valdidentro and Livigno; The Ortles-Cevedale mountain range is a ski touring paradise, and the Stelvio Glacier is the European capital of summer skiing; all ensuring fun and excitement for all skiers in all seasons.
Other than skiing, Bormio offers:
- An old medieval town rich in history, culture, art and tradition.
- One of the biggest thermal resorts with three thermal spas which have been recently renovated and expanded; Bormio Terme in the centre of the town and the Bagni Nuovi (New Baths)and Bagni Vecchi (Old Baths) just outside Bormio on the road to the Stelvio Pass. The thermal waters that flow from the rocks at a temperature of between 37 and 40°C have been famous for their therapeutic and healing properties since the time of Pliny the Elder (over 2,000 years) and were mentioned in the notes of the great Leonardo da Vinci.
- An ice skating rink (also open over the summer).
- Trekking, hiking and mountain biking in Bormio and the surrounding areas of Val Viola, Val Zebru’, Val Alpisella, Livigno, Val del Gallo, Val Mora and Cancano, along the numerous paths of the Stelvio National Park.
- The ideal starting place for some of the most famous climbs in cycling (the Stelvio and Gavia passes, the Valico del Mortirolo, The Bernina and Foscagno passes and Giogo di Santa Maria).
- Bormio Golf, a stunning 9 hole golf course open from the end of March until the beginning of November.
- Indoor sports, shows and entertainment at Palazzo Pentagono.
- Summer training camps for big football clubs, basketball and short track speed skating teams, thanks to its many sports facilities.